March 23, 2020
Switching up! I will be moving my daily devotion to the morning instead of doing them at night.
All the devotions as well as our worship times can be accessed on our webpage. You can read them and see them any time for your convenience.
I wanted to send out my outline from yesterday's message, with Scripture verses to help you follow along or to remember them:
A Message for a New Day
Text: John 1:35-46
What do you seek ? Come and See Follow Me
1. Some things will stay the same
- The area, language, friends, places
- Jesus was introducing to the 12 disciples the idea of Relationship.
- He would demonstrate that is no longer about a building or ritual.
2. What do you seek ?
- John 1:35-38
- Do you want this Pandemic to be over and go back to the way things were ?
- Remember 9/11 Churches were full for 3 weeks and then back to normal
- Don't interpret this time as " isolation " but rather as a time of " consecration ".
3. Come and See
- John 1:39
- The disciples would have missed everything if they did not come and see ...
- Helaings, miracles, feeding of the 5000, hearing those incredible parables, Calming the storm, walking on water, raising the dead and so much more.
- What have you been missing by NOT doing what Jesus asked...Come and See
- Consider this: During this time, some will come to a deeper understanding of what it means to be a part of the family of God. Your CHurch family is going to mean so much more to you than ever before.
4. Follow Me
- John 1:43
- What does this mean for us today ?
- How will we worship, study the Bible, be taught, serve one another, minister to our community ?
- John 14:27
- Please watch the message from yesterday and get ideas about what to do for worship, Bible study, ministering to others. Too much to include in this email.
Scripture verses about the Bible and what it can do for you:
Psalm 119:11, 105
2 Timothy 3:16-17
2 Peter 1:15-21
Have a Great week
Seek His Presence
Trust in Him